Dear Parents and Community Stakeholders,
Over the course of the last 5 years PVS has been working diligently to improve in many areas. Our recent growth and academic gains as a school are attributed to the tremendous support of our parents and community. We thank you for your support, because without you none of this would be possible!
Here are just a few of our recent accomplishments as well as what is in progress:
- Deployment of 120 student Chromebooks in the spring of 2017 to further enhance technology use and availability in the classroom
- Expansion of our K-5 campus to accept new enrollment for the fall of 2018 by adding 5 new classrooms
- Expansion of the middle school program, which will be relocated to the high school campus in fall of 2018, to add 3 more classrooms
- In the process of securing bond financing to build a new school campus in our local community for further expansion of our program which will be ready for occupancy in the fall of 2019
- Expansion of our transportation services through the addition of a second route and a second bus to accommodate our families in areas we currently do not reach
- Our students and faculty are diligently working toward exceeding state standards on the AZ Merit in spring 2017 in grades 3-11, and our high school had an 86% passing rate on AZ Merit in the fall of 2016.
In addition to what is to come, I have to say that the PVS faculty is the most committed and dedicated group of educators I have ever worked with. Our team always defers to, “What is best for kids?”. No matter the challenge, our faculty and staff has the focus and determination to overcome all odds.
Most of all, I need to congratulate the PVS students. The students have taken on the challenge of demonstrating that regardless of ethnicity or socioeconomic background ALL students can achieve academic success! The PVS mantra of engaging minds and empowering leaders is embedded in our daily operations, which is evident through our focus on college and career beyond the walls of our school.
PVS does not stop there! More changes and improvements are on the horizon. Our faculty continue to work diligently to increase the rigor of our instructional program to assist ALL students in realizing their learning goals and aspirations. Current initiatives are as follows:
- Developing a new junior high program to promote high quality academics
- Developing a new high school program for students to earn college credits while in high school and to graduate in 3 years vs the traditional 4
PVS appreciates your continued support. If at any time you have questions or comments please email me at email@example.com or call 928-772-8744. Our Dean of Students, Mrs. Phares, can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your service,
Prescott Valley School
To provide a safe, positive environment for all students with a strong focus on academic success, student leadership, parental involvement, and community partnership.
Prescott Valley School is a FREE public charter school that has been providing excellence in education, through small class sizes, and individualized attention in grades kindergarten through 12 since 2002. PVS has been granted international accreditation through AdvancED in grades K-12. Prescott Valley School provides all kindergarten students with a FREE full day program of instruction and we welcome four (4) year olds that turn five (5) by December 31. The school also offers a FREE after school enrichment program for enrolled students in grades K-8 until 6pm daily.
Competitive Sports Program
Sports and extra-curricular activities include: Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, and Archery.
All instruction at PVS is aligned to state standards.
Kindergarten through 2nd Grade – Engage NY Core Knowledge Foundation for Reading/English Language Arts and Engage NY for Math
3rd Grade – 12th Grade – Engage NY for English Language Arts
3rd Grade – 8th Grade – Engage NY for Mathematics
9th-12th Grade – McGraw Hill – Pearson Mathematics
Grades K-12 utilize a multitude of curricula for Science and Social Studies from Harcourt, Houghton Mifflin, Glencoe, A+ Anywhere, Scott Foresman (Pearson), and Triumph Learning.
Grades K-12 also have access to music, art, and physical education programs weekly.