Dear PVS Parents of Students in Grades 3rd – 8th,
We are approaching the time of year again for statewide standardized testing. In addition to being required by state law, these tests can be good measures of learning that is occurring throughout our state, county, and school, as well as in each classroom and with each student.
As you likely know, Arizona-produced AzM2 and AzSCI tests to assess students’ mastery of Arizona’s challenging Career and College Readiness Standards. Additional information, including Sample Tests, can be found at https://www.azed.gov/assessment/azm2/.
Testing will be in the same format as last year:
- AzM2 tests are taken online, in testing sessions of about 1-2 hours each. Writing can take longer.
- All Grades 3 thru Grades 8 students will take a writing test, a reading test, and a math test. (In addition, 5th & 8th graders will continue to take the AzSCIence test.)
- The format of AzM2 tests is more challenging, going well beyond a traditional multiple choice format. Tests feature short answer, drop and drag, and requirements to explain thinking.
As a part of our rigorous daily learning, students and teachers have been preparing all year to do their best on these tests. We want to make sure we have optimal conditions for students on test days. Here at school, we will minimize distractions and optimize your child’s test schedule. We will also provide a comfortable, quiet environment for all test takers.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP YOUR CHILD PREPARE:
- Please make sure your child is here at school on scheduled test days. We can administer make-up tests in case of illness, but this is difficult and disruptive. Please do not schedule vacations or appointments on test days.
- Please be sure your child gets a good night’s sleep before each test day. This can have a major positive impact on their ability to “show what they know.”
- Please be sure that your child gets plenty of rest the night before, and has a positive, calm morning on test days.
2020/2021 PVCS Statewide Testing Schedule
|3rd-8th GRADE AzM2
|3rd-8th GRADE AzM2
ELA & MATH
|Tuesday, March 23 Wednesday, March 24||Tuesday, April 6||Tuesday, April 13 Thursday, April 15
Tuesday, April 20 Thursday, April 22
|MAKE UP TEST DAY – SCI
Thursday, March 25 Friday, March 26
|MAKE UP TEST DAY – WTG
Wednesday, April 7
Thursday, April 8
Friday, April 9
|MAKE UP TEST DAY -ELA/MA
Wednesday, April 14
Friday, April 16
Wednesday, April 20
Friday, April 23